Monday, June 27, 2011

NEW song "Away From Here" is born

*from our previous blog written on 6/07/11
Today is new song day in Gravity Giving In land! Its a wondeful time full of exaustive writing and re-writing, disecting pieces and glueing them together in an effort to make something that sounds good enough to not get tossed out like so many others that have come before it. Oh yes, new song day happens only when the stars aline just right, and the house work vs. free time is balanced in free times favor.
I wrote a song today called "Away From Here" all on keyboards with accompanying vocals and drum tracks. The song has a bit of a dark sci-fi feel to it and I really enjoyed making it. I made it and re-made it probably 8 or 10 times over the course of 4 or 5 hours and recorded and re-recorded it maybe 20 times during that time tweaking vocal pitch and arrangement, just to get everything the way I wanted with everything just right. I got everything the way I wanted and made sure I could do it again and again the same way to solidify the awesomeness for final touching to be done by my lovely wife. I played the new song for her in the car and immediately she started weaving in vocals that took the whole thing to another level.
Happy new song day everyone! I will post it up soon so all can enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment