Monday, June 27, 2011

Robot People Envy

*from our previous blog written on 6/14/2011
Guess what? Yep... it's new song day! Two weeks in a row! I mentioned before in an earlier post about how some days as a musician you feel like giving up, but then you have times when you write, and write, and it's all so amazing! The past couple of weeks have been just that, amazing! I decided last week, after watching TRON: Legacy a half a dozen times to write with the keyboard and I ended up writing "Away From Here" which Lizi and I immediately fell in love with right away. The song ended up having that neat sort of dark- science fiction kind of sound to it. Well, today I wrote another song using just the keyboards and my voice. And while maintaining that sort of science fiction theme from last week, this week I wrote a song about a robot who wants to be human. The overall feeling of the song ranges from the robot characters' frustration to be human to its passionate plea to love one of us (humans). The music and vocals work well in my opionion, conveying the imagery and emotion of the song.
For this song we already have some artistic direction as far a making a video for it using a lot of sillouettes and dark romantic imagery in a mechanized sort of atmosphere. It should be interesting to see, and we will keep everyone updated on the videos completion date. Until then please enjoy a clip of our new song "Zeros and Ones"!

No comments:

Post a Comment