Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Who Likes New Songs? We Do! We Do!

As promised on our previous blog site Lizi and I have begun working on a NEW song this week. It all started in a kind of funny way. This morning Lizi got out of the shower and she said she had this part of a song stuck in her head and she proceeded to sing it to me. I really liked it! After she got ready for the day I got out of bed and had Lizi follow me into the jam room. She grabbed some water and a snack (probably because she knows that sometimes I go in there for hours at a time-it's like she knows me or something). All too often writing takes for freaking ever, but today everything came together pretty quickly! We already had a chorus which is half the battle already won. As Lizi was gathering snacks I began composing various tracks (on the keyboard) and layering them over each other, and by the time we were just getting comfortable most of the song was already ready. I wish this happened all the time, but no, it never works that way. I had Lizi sing the chorus over different drum tracks to see which ones fit. It only took two drum tracks! Then I had to come up with some vocals that would compliment everything else that was already going on in the song...no pressure right? I came up with a verse and a pre-chorus and mixed all the parts together and "ta-da" a new song. Check out the pre-chorus and chorus of "Making a Connection" in the song area.

No comments:

Post a Comment